Sunday, February 17, 2008

16 miles in the bank

27:10:40 was my official time yesterday. Like I said, not the best race ever and not the worst race ever. Just a race. Let me remind you that yesterday was sunny and beautiful and I didn't run b/c I had the race and b/c I wanted to run with a friend I had made plans with for Sunday. So, I woke up this morning at 6:00 to eat breakfast and prep to meet her at 7:30. Of COURSE it was cold, rainy and slick out. Of course, I've only got 3 hours of running ahead of me, so it figures. And then my friend cancelled (don't worry I'm not made at you!). So, I had another friend meeting me at 8 So, I drove to the Shaker Nature center and went off for 3 miles by myself. It was raining, did I say that already and the roads were icy. It was basically stupid to be out there. But on the good side, it wasn't terribly cold and it wasn't windy at all. BUt I was miserable. My pants were really wet from all the puddles and just hanging off me and dragging on the ground, and b/c they were so wet, my legs felt numb. But worst of all my shoes and socks were soaking wet, which is just a blister waiting to happen, luckily I had lubed my feet alll up with vasoline. I did my 3 and circled back to pick up Sara and she did 4 with me. So, at that point, 7 down and 9 to go, I decided to roll home and change. I'm glad I did b/c after I went back out it was only sprinkling and the rest of the run was pretty pleasant. I felt good and strong for the majority of the run. After mile 12 I started to get a little weak, but when I was done, I didn't really feel like I needed to die and knock on wood, my knees, feet and legs feel fine right now.

Afterwards, I met my friend Amy for lunch. We went to Tazo, and then did a little shopping and then I went to her house to see her stinking adorable kids. Then Gary and I shoveled the ice off the driveway, then I watched a few episodes of the Sara Silverman show (I think I am in love with her). Pretty interesting day huh?

4 comments:

tracie said...

Sounds like a great day! Except for the rain part. Great job with run, it is hard to stick to it when you are alone and the weather is crappy!

Patricio said...

Nicely done with the run... I should be doing a 15 miler tomorrow morning, it's gonna be 14 - 15 degrees... nice! (NOT)
So are you gonna go with teh ironman race? what have you decided and when is it?
PC

Kim said...

You mentioned pants..dont you have running tights for the winter?
You'll get used to the wet feet..do you wear SmartWool socks or wool socks of some kind?

Christine said...

Hey I found your blog through someone elses. I'm from cleveland (living in georgia at the moment). Hoping to do the cleveland marathon this year! Just finished my first half...and planning on doing tris this summer.Always been a swimmer, just learning how to bike! Maybe we can help keep each other on track ?!

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews