Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back to the norm

I am itching to get back to it. I feel deflated, bloated, fat and gross. Unfortunately when I get sad/stressed I am not the type that looses my appetite, nope, I am the time that jumps head first into chocolate cake. The few lbs I had lost are back, plus a few. I got in about 15 miles this week, decided just to make it my recovery week, which was due this upcoming week. So, I am on deck for a 14 miler this coming weekend.

My body is aching to do something, run, swim, bike, lift. Tomorrow I am going to hit it hard with weights before work and Excel class after work and I am very much looking forward to it. What I am not looking forward to is the 323 emails in my in box and everyone asking me how I am doing. I hope I don't have to talk about my dad passing over and over again. But I know people just mean well, but I am ready to get back to normalcy.

Today G and I went hiking to Brandywine falls, we got some pretty pictures that I'll post soon. We made an AWESOME dinner of salmon, grilled veggies and just perfectly cooked sweet potatoes. Perfect super bowl dinner. Now I am catching up on my magazines that came this week. But am ready for bed, I have been so stinking tired and I most definately have a sore throat. I tend to get sick when I am under stress. I can't afford to take anymore days off, so I hope this passes quick.

4 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey! I'm glad you are back in the swing of things! Good luck catching back up to your routine, I'm sure it'll come back quickly.

Oh! Guess who found me on myspace? Your niece Ashley! I haven't seen her in forever!

Have a good one!

cdnhollywood said...

Stay strong through all this - you'll get through just fine.

And those extra pounds? Bah! I carry mine around all the time! :)

Papa Louie said...

Enjoy you workout routine today.

triguyjt said...

it really just all comes down to "today" enjoy today. workout hard. have fun. put everythiing else on the back burner..
have a great day

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews