Friday, February 8, 2008

FINALLY!

FINALLY FRIDAY. I know I've been saying it all week, but I cannot get my mind into work this week. Hopefully after one more weekend I'll be ready to buckle down next week.

Yesterday was a busy busy day! 6am 5 mile run, work, 5:30 eyebrow wax, 6:15 haircut (which turned out super cute, new stylst!), and then I actually went to the pool. It's a huge triumph for me to go to the pool at 7:15 at night. I am not an evening worker outer and despise it. All I wanted to do was go home, but I went! My new flippers hurt a little, whcih stinks, but maybe they just need to be broken in. I didn't get the 2000 yards I wanted, but did do 1000, I'll make up the other 1000 this weekend. No biggie. Just worried about totals, not what days I get the mile, yards done on.

I had every intention of getting up this morning but didn't! So, after work I have to run and do yoga which is fine. I am making some super yummy chicken that my sister made while I was home and it takes an hour to cook, so I'll come home and put the chicken on and then go for my run and come home and eat with the hubby, walk the dogs, and then do the yoga DVD late. Or maybe even do my own yoga while we watch Planet Earth, as long as I get 30 mins in I'll be happy.

This weekends weather is looking to be super cruddy. So, I am dreading my 14 miler tomorrow. Hopefully we can get it done before it rains and if worse comes to worse we can always do part on the treadmill. Booo. Sat night is the CTC party, which should be fun I hope. I won't really know anyone and that's always a little wierd, but G and Tracie are going with me so I'm sure it will be fine. Luckily I am not a very shy person, so crowds of strangers don't bother me. There will only be 1 beer for me! I have to get up early on Sunday to do my first brick ever! Swim, then spin class. I always feel really wierd after I swim, so I want to start working on bricks now. I think transitions are going to be hard for me. After swimming I always feel like I want to throw up. I started thinking last night about how gross it's going to be to get lake water in my mouth, yuck. I will say that the pool at 7:15 at night is absolutely empty and wonderful, so much better than 10 on Sunday with 3 to a lane.

Have a great weekend Bloggy Friends.


Chicken recipe bitchs:

1 lb bone in chicken breast, deskinned
1/4 cup teriyaki
1 tsp fresh ginger (I just sprinkle dried/ground ginger lightly)
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
lemon slices on top (I just drizzle lemon juice lightly)
350 for one hour until chicken is done and juices are clear.

6 comments:

tracie said...

Ooooohhh I can't wait to see your new do! How fun! We both got super cute haircuts! :)

Tomorrow night will be a blast, everyone is always so friendly!

As for Lake Erie water; I'm still in denial that we will be swimming in the Lake. ;)

Brian said...

Blowing off an early morning swim is easy in the winter. I did it this am as well.

I wish I could goto the party as well, but don't think I can get the babysitter. Besides I would know less people then you.

Josh Middleton said...

Your recipe sounds delicious. Too bad I'm allergic to chicken!

You have a great weekend, too. Good luck on your bricks and 14 milers and lake waters and all that runner stuff!

Kim said...

hey, we are on the same schedule (wax/haircuts/workouts!).

good luck on your run tomorrow. will keep my fingers crossed the weather holds for both of us. and have a blast tomorrow night!

Supalinds said...

I am impressed you got the swim done!! Way to go!

As for the run...I ran 11 miles last weekend in a blizard...I have faith you can do it, regardless of the weather.

Only 1 beer?? Now that is a trajedy :)

B Bop said...

I'm looking forward to a few more snowy runs!!! There won't be too many left.

I hear you on feeling weird getting out of the water. I always feel really confused!

See you @ the party tomorrow.

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews