Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday!

Okay Ms. Tri to be funny asked me about PB2 & my shakes. What is it? Like I said it’s a magical gift from the heavens. You can order it at www.bellplantation.com/ or some people sell it on ebay, etc. You have to buy a case, but please trust me it is 100% worth it. The stuff is nothing NOTHING but peanuts that have been pressed in some magic way to remove all the fat and gunk and reduced to a powdery substance. You mix it with water to make PB, but I prefer to just use it for taste in oatmeal and shakes. It only has 54 calories and 2.8 grams of fat in 2 tablespoons, and 1 gram of sugar!. And it’s all natural. No I don’t work for them, but hey bell plantation if you want to sponsor a newbie triathlete holla at me. As for my shakes, I got some good tips from Nytro, I hope she doesn’t mind me sharing – use whey isolate powder b/c isolate is the easiest form of protein to digest, and always add some flax oil b/c you need good fat with the protein. I bought chocolate and vanilla powder at my local market, but Nytro recommended a brand called Dymatize ISO-100 b/c it comes in yummy flavors and doesn’t foam. The only other real rules were to use high glycemic fruits/juice in the morning, but not at night. So a banana and pineapple would be fine in the morning shake, but stick to fruits like apples and pears at night. I have been having juice with powder before my workouts, the one I drink at work has consisted of chocolate powder, frozen blackberries or raspberries, a little coffee and water, I make one shake with 2 scoops of powder and sip on it when I get hungry at work, I still have lunch. I have an after dinner shake too. No milk for me. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. I am basically consuming 4 scoops of protein powder a day for 84 grams of protein and the powder has 100 calories a scoop, the flax oil, I get 1 tbsp a day.

I went to a nice little happy hour with some gals that I know from the tri club and then the one I didn’t know were from a local running club. It was fun. I know I had one beer too many b/c I told a story about pooping my pants a leetle bit. Good times. But since I had one beer (I only had 2, but they were 20 ounce wheat beers!) too many, I decided to sleep in a little and I will ride the trainer tonight. Tomorrow will just be swimming and then Sunday the 30K! followed by 2 easy miles to total 20. I hope to “race” the 30K so I have a better indicator of what my marathon time will be. Of course Cinti has some touch hills. So, I figure I will run with a pace group 10 mins slower than I feel I could do on a flat course.

Oh and I got tagged again by Tri Newbie, so here are 7 more facts about me.
1. I miss my dad every day, especially when it snows b/c we talked about the weather a lot when I would call home, yesterday was a month
2. I want kids, but am horribly ridiculously scared of being pregnant, if I could talk the hubby into only adopting, I would and I would never give birth and be fine with that.
3. I seriously used to have dreams of being the first famous white girl rapper and when I would get drunk in college I would break off some serious freestyle raps about people
4. I majored in Electronic Media in college and used to want to be a news broadcaster, then senior year I worked for Fox in Cinti and pretty much hated being in the newsroom and when I realized I would have to move somewhere like Hazard KY to get a chance, I abondoned that dream and got a job selling bridge joints, fun stuff
5. I talk too much, way too much and am alwasy reminding myself not to dominate conversations, but am not very good at reigning myself in
6. I am a howard stern fanatic and now that I have sirius satellite I pretty much listen to him all day long
7. I followed Phish around for a few years, but around college classes, I saw them over 70 times and miss them a lot. I met them once backstage from winning a raffle, they were nice guys. But I don't listen to Phish much anymore, I followed them with an ex and the phish memories are all wrapped up in the ex memories and I like to leave them locked in a trunk in the brain attic.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Those shakes sound like a lot of work.

If you want you can watch my 3 year old so I can do the indoor tri next week. He's potty trained. But it'll give you some good experience. Better yet for the true kid experience take him to chuck e cheese. Just please disinfect him when you come out of there.

cdnhollywood said...

I need a sitter this weekend too. So how 'bout it?

:P

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Thanks for the PB info! I'm all over it!!

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews