Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I ran outside in the rain last night and it was very nice. I had not ran outside since the HM on the 26th. I had used the treadmill while at home. So, it felt great to be outside! It was just a 4 mile run. Today is bike class. I slept through my swim this morning. Boo to that, but I am just having a really hard time sleeping and getting up right now and I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I have a goal of 9-10 hours of workouts a week and it doesn't matter when they occur as long as they occur.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found the link to your blog on runnersworld's forums. Being a fellow clevelander, I'm curious as to how you dressed for running in the rain yesterday? I get worried about (literally) getting hypothermia in the very cold temps/rain that we've been having.

Great blog BTW.

Mnowac said...

Last night since it was warm, I just wore a wicking tshirt and some regular running pants and wore a thin rain parka over top. Once I got going, I was fine. But when it's cold, I wear winter running pants and usually 2 layers and a vest. I wear an earband and gloves too. I overheat easily and always end up getting stuffy even when it's 2 degrees out!

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews