Thursday, February 7, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Okay, back in the groove Bloggy Friends. After work yesterday I braved some seriously stupid traffic and got to Akron for my biking class. For those of you who live in Cleveland. I take 271 from Solon to Route 8, and then Route 8 to the exit I need for Howe Ave. Well, I got off onto Route 8 and 5:23 and didn't get past I-80 until 5:50! Yeah, it took me that long to go oh what...5-6 miles. Just ridiculous and it's like that everytime, what the F is up with Route 8. I feel bad for anyone who lives near it and has to use it often. I am going to look into driving from Solon to Hudson and getting onto Route 8 after the turnpike. Anyway I got to class and it was HARD! I hadn't been in 2 weeks (1 week off b/c of the HM and the other b/c of being in KY). But I really pushed myself. I unfortunately am just not a very fast spinner, I can barely getmy cadence past 130 and can't maintain it above 130 worth a shit. I can keep myself at 120 for quite a few minutes, but I am seriously trucking around 110-115, short legs and all. When I got done with class I got home and I was tired and cranky and it was 9:30 and we had to walk the dogs and I just had a total melt down on the walk and basically stood bawling in our driveway while my bewildered husband tried to comfort me and Mushi ran around in circles b/c dogs hate when their owners are distressed. But my meltdown was shortlived and then I basically zonked out after a much deserved hot shower.

This morning I met Brock and we ran 5 miles. It should have been a speed workout, but it really wasn't. I pushed myself as fast as I could, but this morning that was only somewhere between 9:15-9:30 and near the end it was mostly definately 10 min miles. But I got it done. Tonight is going to be tough, I have a 5:30 eyebrow wax, 6:15 hair appt and then I will go swim! I will. I got my fins, so I am excited to get in the pool. But it will be hard to go when at 7, all I'll want to do is go home and snuggle.

Ooh Lost is on tonight!!!!!

10 comments:

tracie said...

Keep it up and you'll be fine!!! You know that everything takes practice and before you know it you'll be back to your old self and your running time will go down and your cadence will go up. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mon -- fins make a big difference. I recently started swimming Master's (with all of these super fast people), and my coach said "you can use your fins during the kick sets if you want" ... I didn't, and after the first set, he said again "you know, Trish, you might want to use your fins." Haha. Keep it up, girlie ((())

Janet Edwards said...

I seriously struggle with the high cadence stuff too. Yet, I know continuosly pushing myself out of my comfort zone at those classes has got to make me better!

See ya Saturday!

Mnowac said...

Hey Trish - you she resurect your blogger site since you left CK.

Chip Warren said...

To get to Pete's class & miss the Route 8 mess, try taking a right at Highland (bob evans), left on Cleveland -Akron Road (Old 8), once you go over turnpike, take a left on Boston Mills Road. right on 8

Josh Middleton said...

I'm glad you're having some diva time tonight at the beauty salon - you deserve it. Glad you're getting things back in order but still taking the time to grieve if you need to. It's all a process.

Go Hillary!

Love, Josh

Supalinds said...

You are stickin to the plan!

Ooooh Lost...though I am only in Season 2, it will be carrying me through my long bike ride tonight.

I always hate to swim right after a hair appt. You are a better woman than me!

I've been wondering it is Friday since, well, Tuesday...Yikes!

triguyjt said...

monica..

keep at it... you'll be fine. seems you are beating yourself up...
good luck and ;-)

Brian said...

I can't imagine going through all that. It'll all work out over time.

As for the spinning class, that's crazy. I went on my bike for maybe 30 minutes the other day and was huffing.

B Bop said...

Yeah, that construction on rt. 8 makes traffic really bad north of the turnpike. I don't think 91 would be any faster, but if you can find a less traveled road to get you picking up rt. 8 near the turnpike it should be faster, at least around 5:00

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews