Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Need to pick a plan

So I scoured the internet for a HIM plan last night and narrowed it down to 2. Anyone have an opinion?

From Beginner triathlete, it’s a 20 week plan that has an individual PDF for each week. You get one rest day and the first week starts with a Sat 90 min bike ride and then a Sunday 60 min run. So, I can totally handle that. I am used to tracking things by miles, but this one is all time.
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Scott%20Herrick/halfim/preparing_for_your_first_half_ir.htm


The other one is more of an intermediate plan, but seems a lot more cut and dry and simple than the one above, but I am not sure that’s a good thing. But I like simple! The one above has a lot of instructions and drills.

http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon-training/Half-Ironman-Training.php

Opinions anyone? Both are 20 weeks, so the HIM is August 10th, that means I pretty much start training in 2 weeks. Yikes. I don’t think it will be too hard to balance the marathon training and this training plan, I’ll just be running more than the plan recommends.



Here is a picture just because, of my first 10K 2 years ago at the Cleveland marathon, I feel like I am going to throw up. Good times.

6 comments:

Brian said...

Sleep is over rated. Either way, you'll get it done. You'll be happy on 8/11 but not on 8/10 after 8 am.

As for the plan it depends how crazy you want to be.

Anonymous said...

email me....i lost your email address!

Anonymous said...

You want to do the GCT which is August 10th (and the one the Cleveland Tri Club Sponsors). The tri on August 3rd is downtown.

Mnowac said...

Ahhhh thanks for the heads up Kim, I got them confused.

cdnhollywood said...

I'd pick the plan you're most likely to stick to. If you're lazy like me, take the one that's easy to track.

Got my plan out of a book. Check my blog for more details (it's actually quite a good book).

Anonymous said...

I'm about ready to pick a plan too, and I think I'm going to consult the local triathlon group. That way you know other real people who are doing it, and you can join them.

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews