Tuesday, December 21, 2010

P90X day 3 - Shoulders and Arms

Today I did the “Arms & Shoulder” workout. I really liked this DVD. The exercises are below. I felt like I could handle it and none of the moves were hard to understand. I was able to push myself and get 1 or 2 reps past where I normally would have stopped. I have absolutely no cut to my arms, they are just thick slabs, so I am really trying to give the arms workouts my all. Today I feel beat up and pleasantly sore. Everything hurts a little. But not in a horrible something is ripped way. Getting up and sitting down cause me the most issue right now. But I’ve also started standing up at work for a few hours a day, which is contributing to my legs feeling sore. I get a few funny looks, but I am committed to standing at least 2 hours a day. I just put my laptop up on a box. It works out well. I spent my whole day typing on a computer, testing software or on calls. There’s no reason I can’t do that standing up! It burns twice as many calories as sitting. Bonus if you rock back and forth. I have gotten a few odd looks and I’m sure some people think I’m just doing it for attention, but I think it’s a great way to live a healthier life. I plan to sit on my ab ball for another 1-2 hours, but I need to remember to bring in my pump b/c it is flat.

· Warmup
· Alt Shoulder Press
· Bicep Curls
· In & Out
· Two-Arm Tricep Kickback - (repeat)
· Deep Swimmer's Press
· Full Supination Concentration Curl
· Chair Dip - (repeat)
· Upright Row
· Static Arm Curl
· Flip Grip Twist Tricep Kickback - (repeat)
· Seated Two Angle Shoulder Fly
· Crouching Cohen Curl
· Lying Down Tricep Extension - (repeat)
· Straight Arm Shoulder Fly In & Out
· Congdon Cur
· Side Tri Rise - (repeat)
· Cooldown/Stretch


Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35



Total Pageviews