Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A mistake has been made!


A mistake has been made. I went out on my lunch break to get some drugs, fed up with this awful, horrible head/chest cold. I have one of those awful colds where you feel like you are underwater. I couldn’t hear, my head was throbbing, my throat was sore and I couldn’t think straight. I got in line at the CVS pharmacy to pick up some of the good stuff that you cannot buy off the shelves anymore thanks to the ingenious meth dealers. I grabbed a card off the shelf, showed some ID, and walked back to my car with Aleve-D. The D on the box is embolden and red, surely that means this stuff really works! Right on the front it says one pill will work for 12 hours. Great! So, I down one and head back to work. By 2:00 nothing has happened. Nada. My head still feels like it is full of concrete and I can’t seem to get any work done. So, what do I do? I pop another one. Sigh. Now I sick here at my desk feeling like a junkie. I can breathe, oh yes I can breathe, but I am completely tweaking. I hope I come down a bit so I can drive home at 5! If I have to call the husband to come get me b/c I overdose on Aleve- D, I think I may get a talking to. Oh yes a mistake has been made, send help and glow sticks. I am going to go listen to Phish on Pandora now and relive my glory days from 1999-01.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Lay back & enjoy the ride! Haha-just kidding. That totally made me laugh. I hope you come down soon! Haha-still laughing...

Tina said...

Oh & one time I took Tylenol Sinus at work on an empty stomach and threw up like 6 times! Yeah, I had to go home.

Rockurbikini said...

Thats hilarious!! Wow, you must be a real light weight to get that effect w/ 2 Aleve-Ds. SO funny. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

jill said...

Yikes...my advice to you--drink some water and flush that crap out..o and get in your bed!! Hope u feel better soon..

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews